I came across this error when installing Sql Server 2014. One of the prerequisites of sql 2014 is that .Net Framework 3.5 should already exist on the server. Unfortunately the server I was on did not have it, so I had to install it. Now contrast to the message above, I was on a Windows 2012 R2 and simply just enabling the .NET Framework feature did not work. So below are the steps I took to resolve the issue.
- I located in my environment the disc file for the windows server, which looks like
- Then I mounted it
- After mounting the file, a new drive (it can be any drive letter) should pop up which will look like the below.
- Next comes the installation. If you are familiar with Powershell, then you can use powershell to install the .NET Framework, if not then you have to go about it via the server manager
- Next another page should pop up like below
- Click NEXT! Then click NEXT again on the Server Roles Page, until you come to the FEATURES page, check the box next to Expand it and make sure this box is checked as well
- Another window should pop up , and you will click on ADD FEATURES
- Then click NEXT
- Then on the CONFIRM INSTALLATION SELECTIONS page, you would select
- Change the Path to the drive your file is mounted on so in this scenario it is the E: drive, so you would change the below path to E:\source\sxs…..then click OK
- You have successfully installed .NET Framework 3.5, if you check your FEATURES page you will see the box next to .NET Framework is filled.
By Dummea Vincent